10/11/16: 6 MORE DAYS to win PATRIOTS v. SEAHAWKS tickets!! Click here to buy $10 raffle tickets for your chance to win a pair of tickets. Thank you to generous donors, Kim and Tim Yantz!
10/11/16: Come hear about our work at Caffe Nero in downtown Andover on Monday, October 17! Our participants will be there to tell you more about what they have done for our communities and why they continue to be so passionate about using who they are to contribute positively to the world. Click here for more info!
6/20/16: We just received a $5K grant from The Boston Bruins Foundation! Thank you so much for your support of a young, grassroots program that is striving to pursue your own mission of “improving the lives of children.”
4/20/16: We are thrilled and honored to have received a very generous 2-year grant from The Theodore Edson Parker Foundation to expand our work in Lowell and to continue moving toward establishing our headquarters there! This vote of confidence and willingness to invest in a young nonprofit like ours means so much and inspires us to keep moving forward! Thank you!!
1/15/16: We just received notice that Aaron’s Presents has been nominated for Enterprise Bank’s 2016 Celebration of Excellence Non-Profit of the Year Award in the amazing Lowell community. This is a tremendous honor!
1/10/16: Great news to start 2016! We have received our very first grants from the Greater Lowell Community Foundation ($7,500) and The Lenny Zakim Fund ($4,000)! We could not be more grateful for this support of our expansion in Lowell and elsewhere.
12/31/15: Click here for a quick glance (designed by Gifted People) at where we are after 2 years! Thank you for including us in your giving all year long! Your generosity keep Aaron’s Presents non-competitive and accessible to as many young kids as we can reach! Thank you for your support, and Happy New Year!
12/9/15: Thank you to EforAll for your $2,000 gift tonight at our 1-year celebration of the Winter 2015 Accelerator class! What an amazing organization, program and cohort. We are honored to be a part of the EforAll family and have moved forward in so many ways because of your support.
11/1/15: Thank you to Gov. Michael and Kitty Dukakis for joining us tonight to learn more about Aaron’s Presents! We were all very moved by their generosity of spirit and time, and grateful for their warmth and openness. Click here to hear Gov. Dukakis speak to kids about civic engagement and his personal connection to our work.
9/10/15: Check out this 5-min video presentation from Mass Innovation Nights #MIN78 last night about the WHY behind what we do! Thanks to all of you who voted for us to get an opportunity to present, and thanks to all of the attendees for voting for us and giving us the Grand Prize! An awesome kick-off to our 2015-16 year!
9/1/15: We are incredibly honored to be an official partner at Mill No. 5 in Lowell, MA! We are so thankful to Jim Lichoulas and Sarah Hand for their generosity and support. Such a creative, wonderful space to be working in!
6/28/15: Read our first Annual Report and learn more about our first year, 2014! Look ahead with us to an already exciting 2015 and beyond! (Designed by Gifted People)
6/25/15: Thank you to all who celebrated with us on June 20th! It was a beautiful day. A special thank you to Phillips Academy, North Shore Bank and Mad Maggie’s Ice Cream for sponsoring this year’s Celebration in honor of 127 amazing, thoughtful, creative kids who served our communities in so many ways this year through their 48 projects! Thank you to all who donated raffle items and funds to help make the program possible this year!
5/6/15: Thank you to North Shore Bank employees for raising over $1,800 through their Jeans Days in April to support many more kids’ projects!! Also, thank you to North Shore Bank and Mad Maggie’s Ice Cream for being principal sponsors of this year’s Ice Cream Celebration on June 20 at Phillips Academy! We can’t wait for this year’s event celebrating over 100 amazing, thoughtful, creative kids!
5/5/15: We are now on Instagram! Find and follow us to see what our kids are doing for our communities through pictures!
2/25/15: This video was created by Jonathon Eder, Programs Producer at the Mary Baker Eddy Library, to provide an overview of Aaron’s Presents.
1/19/15: Aaron’s Presents has been chosen by Deloitte Consulting as a recipient for Jeans Day funds this year! Rebecca Mio, an employee, applied on our behalf and was among 12 selected out of 40 applicants. Our Jeans Day will be on August 7th, 2015. Thanks, Deloitte and Rebecca!!
Barefoot Books is generously continuing to donate a portion of their proceeds through this link!
Inspiring kids to give of themselves for the good of the world.
We envision a world in which all children learn to seek happiness, healing and purpose by tapping into who they are and reaching out to help others with empathy, generosity and passion.
- A Basketball Court Vivian and Mariah (6th, Lowell): Planning to make a basketball court for the LCCPS playground in the fall; led a team of students who are painting athletic-themed wooden plaques for the gym
- Erika, Kesey, Laylah, Leah, Olivia and Vivian (6th, Lowell): Created 2 birthday celebration packages for Horizons for Homeless Children; visited HHC’s headquarters in Roxbury, MA and toured the preschool center and talked with a staff person about homelessness A Child's Dream
- Brain Games Owen (5th, Lawrence): Applied for chess sets and other supplies to start a YDO (Youth Development Organization, an after-school enrichment program in Lawrence) chess program and taught 6 elementary-aged kids how to play chess; 6 weekly classes; held a tournament; made a presentation about the history of chess.
- Gifts for Grandparents Valerie, Larybeth, Nick and Keith (6th, Lowell): Applied for craft and other supplies to use while visiting with residents at Willow Manor nursing home in Lowell; visited three times; planned activities and interacted with and brought smiles to many elderly residents.
- Pictures for Patients Bryce (3rd, Danvers): Applied for art supplies for his company, The Graffiti Club, which consists of other elementary-aged kids, to create artwork that will be donated to Boston Children’s Hospital and on display in July 2014
- Luis (6th, Lowell): Created a rubberband jewelry-making business and generously gave many items away to special people who have helped him in life and school Luis' Cool Rubberbands
- Get to Know Bellesini Ramphis and Alex (8th, Lawrence): Applied for a durable tri-fold presentation board as a parting class gift to Bellesini Academy, an independent boys middle school in Lawrence; decorated and organized letters of appreciation written by each graduating student; presented the board to the head of school at their graduation dinner
- Diamonds Dance Jasmine, Kelina, Valeria and Charlyna (6th/7th, Lawrence): Applied for gym mats and uniforms to start a YDO gymnastics program; taught 10 elementary-aged girls basic gymnastics skills
- A Puppet Show! Princess and Angie (5th, Lowell): Led a team of students who built a new and durable puppet theatre for LCCPS and created puppets; rehearsed and performed a puppet show for 2nd graders
- Random Acts of Kindness Mariam and Janisha (4th, Lowell): Applied for supplies needed to run a Random Acts of Kindness Week for their entire school (LCCPS); planned daily themes and activities, contests, made daily morning announcements, led a team of other student helpers
- Clareese (6th, Lowell): Created a loaner program for students who walk to and from school to have reflective vests and whistles to help them feel safer Clareese Cares
- Sing it Out Channel (7th, Lawrence): Applied for voice lessons to pursue her passion for singing; will come up with a way to “give back” what she has gained and learned to someone else